Tuesday 23 February 2016

A Day On The Fylde

It was a bit of last minute decision, but it was simply too nice to stay at home today, (look at that sky!), so I headed for the Fylde. First bus of the day was 47488 on the Lancaster to Knott End service. What a noisy vehicle it proved to be, with everything possible rattling. Obviously seen better days. It is photogrpahed at Knott End. All photo's in this set were taken on 23rd February 2016. 
I had intended to catch the ferry from Knott End to Fleetwood, but that would have entailed a bit of a wait, so instead caughtBlackpool Transport 348 on service 2C to Blackpool. However, I left the vehicle, as seen above at Poulton-Le-Fylde. 
Next to arrive at Poulton-Le-Fylde was YJ64 DSE, on service 87 to Cleveleys, and operated by Elite Mini Bus and Coach Hire of Blackpool.  
Preston Bus also operate to Poulton, as seen above, with fleet no. 20004.
My next journey was on another Preston Bus Solo, 20772, onwards to Fleetwood on service 75 from Preston. 
After a liquid refreshment stop in Fleetwood, I then boarded Blackpool Tram, fleet no. 12, seen arriving at the London Street stop in the shadows. 
Once in Blackpool, I made my way via Market Street, where Blackpool Transport 351 was loading passengers on service 11 to Lytham.  
Moving on to Abingdon Street, a service to Mereside Tesco was photographed, operated by Blackpool Transport 287. 
Also in Abingdon Street was Blackpool Transport, Palladium liveried, 550. 
Heading towards home, I then caught 18324 on the 15:20 journey from Blackpool to Lancaster.

1 comment:

  1. Hello again Mike. I was in Blackpool today as well. Were you about 1pm taking shots on the prom opposite the Sands?

    ReplyDelete